A user is unable to deploy portal sites via PORTALADMIN in Xinet Portal 2021.3 running PHP 7.4.11 on Oracle Linux 7.9
The following error appears in Apache logs:
HP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting end of file in /usr/etc/portal/PORTAL/libs/PORTALADMIN.obj.php(1802) : eval()'d code on line 1
The issue was isolated to an initial release of the Xinet 2021.3 with PHP 7.4 installer. To address this issue, please re-download the Portal version 2021.3 installer artifact with "updated" in the name: Xinet-Portal-LINUX-7-PHP7.4-2021.3 updated.tar.
Once the installation is complete, you might need to recreate the Portal from scratch. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Portal server via SSH with root.
- Run -> rm -rf /usr/etc/portal
- Run -> rm -rf /var/www/html/*
- Edit the HTTPD conf file with -> vi /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- Remove the following entries and save the file.
- ## begin WebNative Portal activation (all included content)
- ## additional WebNative Portal activation (all included content)
- Open /var/tmp and remove all session files beginning with xpsi or sess.
- Reinstall the portal using the latest installer.
Launch the portal and make sure you are able to deploy portal sites. Check the Apache log to confirm no new errors appear.