Permission Sets allow us to customize the way users manage the Data Fields that we add to our Template.
Assigning templates and permission sets to users
Once you have set up permission sets for templates, you are ready to assign them to users or groups of users. Through permission sets, you can customize which fields users see and how they interact with them.
To assign a template and permission set to a user:
- Click on Volumes/Users, Permissions, Edit User Permissions. (Click the image to enlarge).
- Select from the Username pop-up list the user or group whose database interactions you want to configure.
- Select a template from the Template pop-up list
- Select a permission set from the Permission Set pop-up list.
- Click on the Submit button.
- [optional] If this is the first time you have assigned a new permission set, you might want to open another browser and try it as a user, to make sure it gives your user the experience you want.
Please sign in to leave a comment.