The purpose of a backup is to create a copy of data that can be recovered in the event of a primary data failure. Primary data failures can be the result of hardware or software failure, data corruption, or a human-caused event, such as a malicious attack or accidental deletion of data.
Xinet is aware of the relevance of the backups and provides two types of database backups:
- Full Backup: A full backup will contain everything that is stored in the database, including all previews.
- Quick Backup: A quick backup will contain everything, except previews.
Please check the process below to schedule database backups in Xinet.
- Navigate to DATABASE > Admin > backup.
- Select the Backup Location by clicking on the Edit... button. A pop-up will appear.
- From the Folders... dropdown, select the directory where you would like to store the backups, repeat this action until you reach the desired specific subfolder. Alternatively, you can also create a new folder by entering the name in the text field and clicking on the Create Folder button.
- Click on the Set Directory button. When prompted for confirmation, click the OK button.
- Using the dropdowns and checkboxes, establish the Full Backup Schedule and the Quick Backup Schedule.
Note that Xinet only allows creating a daily backup maximum at the same hour.
- Enter the number of Max Old Full Backups. This will establish the maximum number of full backups you want to store in the backup location at a given time.
- Enter the number of Max Old Quick Backups. This will establish the maximum number of quick backups you want to store in the backup location at a given time.
- Optionally, if you want to backup the database immediately, use the Quick Backup Now or Full Backup Now buttons at the bottom of the GUI.
- Click on the Save Settings button to apply the changes.
- You will be prompted to confirm the changes. Click the OK button.